How do I get here?
There are direct flights to Belize International from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Denver, Atlanta, Charlotte N.C., and Toronto Ontario, Canada. Airlines servicing Belize include United, American, Delta, Southwest, Westjet, and Avianca Airlines. Once arriving at Belize’s Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE), there are a variety of ways to reach the Singing Sands Inn. Guests can take a 30 minute domestic flight, rent a car and drive, take a private shuttle, or hop on one of the local buses which also provide service to this area. We can arrange domestic flights or a private shuttle from Philip Goldson International Airport(BZE) for our guests if requested.
What is the weather like?
Temperatures average in the mid 80sF October through April with averages in the high 80’sF May through September. September and October are the rainiest months.
Do I need to exchange money?
All merchants in Belize accept US currency but most give change in Belize currency. We recommend exchanging some foreign currency for small denomination Belize dollars for tipping, small purchases, taxis, etc. We can only exchange US currency at the resort at a 2BZD – 1USD exchange rate. Currently, the exchange rate at the local banks is 1.98BZD to 1USD.
What language is spoken?
The national language of Belize is English.
What should I bring?
- Anticipation for Adventure!
- Passports required for entry into Belize
- Sunscreen and sunburn remedy
- Insect repellent
- Bite relief remedy and Benadryl tablets
- Clothing for rain-forest excursions as well as beach wear
- Bathing Suit
- Shorts, tanks and tees
- Pair of sturdy shoes and pair of sandals as well as water shoes
- Pair of long light weight pants and one long sleeve shirt
- One or two sun type dresses are useful
- Small back pack and small fanny pack
- Extra camera batteries and film
- Most of all, pack lightly as there is nothing more needed here than comfortable, casual dress
- Please leave valuables such as jewelry at home!
How do I get around when at the Singing Sands?
There are taxis and buses available for the 7 mile trip to Placencia Village. Taxis are typically $20USD one way and a bus is under $2USD. Cars are available for rent once you are here as are golf carts. We offer complimentary use of beach cruiser bicycles.